FAMILY CHILD CARE REGISTRATION (FCC) INFORMATION
To begin the process: Identify a substitute provider who is at least 18 years of age. This person will need to complete the same training coursework as the Family Child Care Provider and should be available for emergency purposes once your business is operational.
Please read all the requirements below. If you are interested in moving forward, the first step is to create an account at https://www.njccis.com/njccis/home and submit an application.
- Go to the Applications tab
- Choose New FCC Application.
- On the right-hand side you will see Wizard View and Flat View; please choose Flat View to start the application.
Once your application is received, we will reach out with dates to attend our Family Child Care Orientation.
Potential Family Child Care (FCC) providers and their staff must complete the following requirements to become State-registered; we will review the process during the FCC Orientation session:
- Submit a FCC Application (Provider only)
- Attend our (FCC) Family Child Care Orientation (Provider and Staff)
- Attend our FCC Pre-Service: Parent-Provider Communication class (Provider and Alternate ONLY)
- Complete the following trainings
- Health & Safety Basics (online training)
- Mandated Reporter/Child Abuse and Neglect Training
- Adult & Pediatric CPR/First Aid ($50-$55)
- Submit a Health Exam (Provider, staff, and household members home during hours of operation)
- Complete a TB Test (Provider and other staff, if applicable)
- Complete a Criminal History Record Information (CHRI) fingerprint check. (Provider, substitute, other staff, and all household members 18 or older)
- Complete a Child Abuse Record Information (CARI) background check. (Provider, substitute, other staff and all household members 14 or older)
- Complete a Criminal Conviction Disclosure form. (Provider, substitute, other staff, and all household members 14 or older)
- Pay a $25 application fee (due before the time of home inspection).
Should you have any questions regarding the Family Child Care Registration process, please contact Maribel Rivera at . For tips on becoming a State-registered family child care provider, Click here!
We encourage you to visit www.childcarenj.gov for more information on the Family Child Care Registration process.