FFN Health & Safety Resources
- CPR/First Aid Training – Please visit our CPR/First Aid page for the schedule and how to register.
- FFN – New Requirements Under CCDBG – English/Espanol
- Information on Changes to Child Care Provider Eligibility Requirements Under CCDBG
- CCDBG Class Schedule -Please call us at 609/989-7770, ext. 131, for more information on meeting the CCDBG training requirements.
- Orientation Schedule – Please call us at 609/989-7770, ext. 131, for more information on scheduling an orientation session.
- Indicators of Child Abuse & Neglect
- Reporting Child Abuse in New Jersey
- Bare is Best (SIDS Awareness)
- Bare is Best (SIDS Awareness) – Español
- Child Care Provider’s Guide to Safe Sleep
- Child Care Provider’s Guide to Safe Sleep – Español
- CPSC Crib Standards
- CPSC Crib Standards – Español
- Safe Sleep
- Safe Sleep – Español
- When a Baby Cries
- When a Baby Cries – Español
- Gloving Procedure
- Gloving Procedure – Español
- Diapering Procedure
- Cleaning, Sanitizing, & Disinfecting Information
- Signs & Symptoms of Early Childhood Illness
- Special Needs & Early Intervention
- Let’s Move (for African-Americans)
- Let’s Move (for Latinos – English Version)
- Let’s Move (for Latinos – Spanish Version)
- Family Checklist for Nutrition in Early Care & Education
- Lista de Revisión Familiar para la Nutrición en el Cuidado y Educación Infantil
- Medication Administration in Child Care
- Immunizations for Ages 0-6
- Immunizations for Ages 0-6 (Español)
- Sample Learning Activities
- Disaster Planning: Protecting Children in Child Care
What is a Family, Friend, and Neighbor Provider?
A Family, Friend, and Neighbor (FFN) provider is a term used to describe a child care provider who is not registered pursuant to the Manual of Requirements for Family Child Care but whose home has been evaluated and authorized for payment through the Department of Human Services’ child care subsidy programs using the State’s Family, Friend, Neighbor & In-Home Provider Home Inspection Checklist. Unregulated relatives, friends, or neighbors may be eligible for approved home status.
The term in-home child care provider refers to an FFN provider who provides child care services in the child’s own home for fewer than 24 hours per day.
Per DFD Instruction #14-04-03, before an FFN provider is approved and eligible to receive child care subsidy payments, the provider must submit a Child Abuse Record Information (CARI) background check for themselves and all members of the household who are at least 14 years of age, pass an inspection of the home using the State’s Family Friend, Neighbor & In-Home Provider Home Inspection Checklist, participate in an orientation (described below), and be certified in pediatric and adult Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and First Aid. For more information on CPR/First Aid, including the schedule of upcoming training sessions, visit our CPR/First Aid page.
All Family, Friend, and Neighbor (FFN) providers must participate in an orientation session conducted by Child Care Connection and fulfill all ten hours of CCDBG-mandated training, including health and safety, child development, and child abuse mandated reporting, as well as be certified in CPR & First Aid (only CPR/First Aid classes that provide demonstration-based certifications are accepted). Child Care Connection will review prospective provider requirements, child care program eligibility policies, e-Child Care requirements and payment policies, and provider discontinuation policies due to program violation and/or fraud. For information on orientation for prospective FFN providers, please call 609/989-7770, ext. 131.
Child Care Connection offers ongoing health and safety training that is available to Family, Friend, & Neighbor providers. For a listing of upcoming training opportunities, see the CPR/First Aid page or click this link to go to the Special Events page, where health & safety topics are often announced. Also, check out the Calendar tab for all training opportunities currently available or call out Training Dept. directly at 609/989-7940.